Miscellaneous Small Items
This page gives an introduction to various small sections of this site. These sections are small either because that is their inherent nature or because I have not yet had time to put in all I intend to include.
Organisations with a Mission
- This small page gives plugs for a few organisations and web sites which seem to me to be unusually good for the human race. They are concerned with such issues as human rights and the environment, which should concern us all.
- Three pages intended to help both computer users and web site designers (especially novices) without duplicating what is given in many other, usually more comprehensive web sites. It therefore covers such things as my personal experiences and items which are otherwise not well-publicised. Examples are a link to a short page about a first generation computer (DEUCE) and another outlining my experiences with some aids to web site development with recommendations and warnings, plus some little-known problems with some popular browsers. There is also a note on how some ISPs who should know better are blocking genuine messages to their users by taking a naive and inneffective approach to blocking spam.
- A single page which will contain Anecdotes, statistics, links, etc., mainly but not exclusively UK oriented. Also a discussion of the problem of some aspects of naming species. There is also a subsidiary page on medicinal herbs found wild in Britain.
Running & Jogging for Ordinary People
- A miscellaneous collection of quotes I find interesting, witty and/or thought-provoking. Some of them may be a little
humorous, but if you're looking for funny quotes, try my humour page instead.
Lynton & Lynmouth, with Brendon, Scarecrow Festival
- Every August the twin villages of Lynton and Lynmouth in north Devon, together with the neighbouring village of Brendon, hold a Scarecrow Festival, during which many villagers decorate their gardens or other spots in their village with an ingenious variety of scarecrows. On these pages you will find photos of some of them.
Childhood Memories of Swindon in the 1940s (and a Little Before)
- Accounts of a variety of episodes in my life as a child in (mostly wartime) Swindon, Wiltshire, UK.
Jim Fisher Summary Biography
Top of this page
Click here to contact Jim Fisher, the author of this web site